[Mgs] oil filter

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 15 13:08:08 MST 2009

The tube is standard, I believe. At least, I have one in the
boneyard-sourced unit on my B.

The filter size is Fram PH8A. PH43 is a "shortie" filter that also fits,
though with smaller capacity (maybe this size is the "standard", but I
always went with "bigger is better"). Many people are not fans of Fram
filters, but those are the numbers that stick in my head -- the conversion
book at the dealer will cross reference to Wix or whatever.

The funny thing is that classic Ferrari V12s invariably have a pair of
inverted Frams protruding from the valley. So whatever negatives you might
ascribe to Fram or inverted filters in general, apparently it doesn't bother
the Ferrari folks.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149