[Mgs] Arizona cars for sale

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Tue Dec 8 07:58:49 MST 2009

No worries; I was kidding.  It was a driver when I paid the PO $1800 for
it.  It had some rust damage in the RR quarter panel but the rockers
were sound & the rest of the paint (Iris Blue) was good.  Ran like a top
after a tune up - for about one summer season - then the rings let go.
I did a complete engine rebuild (+.030 HC  pistons), new clutch
components, new U-joints.  Drove it to Happy Camp, CA, like that one
year.  Towed it to MA & VT behind my MH the next year.  Added a
overdrive tranny  the following winter.   In the spring I stripped off
the windshield & trim, had the paint & body work done, including new
metal welded into the rusty panel  - no Bondo.  Put in a new windshield
with new seals.  Now, that's a trip!  Ever replaced a windshield  on a
B  roadster?

  Over the years I figure I have about $6,000 total in the car, not
counting routine maintenance costs.  It helps to be able to do all your
own mechanical work.  Engine parts were a lot cheaper then, too - if you
had the right connections.  I figure I could get $3.5K or so for it if I
advertised it in San Antonio; haven't checked the market in a long
time.  All things considered I reckon the little car doesn't owe me a
nickel.

  CR