[Mgs] Question About Oil Loss

Charley & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Mon Dec 7 10:41:31 MST 2009

 I had a Fiat Spyder DOHC engine that leaked oil from one cam seal.
Couldn't get it stopped until I realized the oil was going around the
seal, not through it.  Gasket cement around a new seal cured the problem.

  I put Speedi-Sleeves on both ends of the crank in my MGB engine.  The
rear seal leaks and the front doesn't.  Doesn't leak a lot but I'll find
a small puddle under it when the car is parked for an extended time.
Another leak source is the filter adapter seal.  Have you isolated it?

  CR

wilkmanracing at aol.com wrote:
> I've had the following experience with both an MGB (race car) I used to own
> and an MGA (street car) I currently own.  After the rebuild of the engines in
> both these cars, oil leaked from the rear crankshaft "seal" area.  In both
> cases, the cars were relatively leak-free while running, but dropped
> significant amounts of oil after turning the engine off.

    Bill Wilkman