[Mgs] mga points

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 02:16:21 MST 2009

I doubt they will be marked with a part number.  You *will* have to take
them out, then look at the style as well as the part number of the
distributor which *is* on the outside.  There are four different types of
points just for the Lucas 25D4 and 45D4 distributors which I think can be
fitted to an MGA, and you may have an after-market one.  The two for the
25D4 *may* be interchangeable but I haven't tried.  The two for the 45D
definitely aren't, nor with the 25D4 types.  You might like to have a look
at http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_ignitionframe.htm and click on 'Points
Types' which was written with the MGB in mind.