[Mgs] when to change oil again

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Mon Aug 24 10:31:43 MDT 2009

Hi Oliver,
    Chances are that there is a load of asphalt that has formed from
dispersed solids in the old oil settling out during the 30 year sleep.
New oil may be dissolving the solids and pumping them around. We don't
know---we can't see in there.
    Oil & filters are inexpensive. Main bearing replacement in the XPAG
engine means an engine removal.
    I would change the oil after an hour and again after five hours of
running.
Bob