[Mgs] My car, the movie star

Matt Trebelhorn matt.lists at trebelhorn.com
Tue Aug 18 06:43:49 MDT 2009

Last weekend, some friends of my wife were in a contest called the 48
Hour Film Project.  On Friday night, you're assigned a genre in which
to work, and on sunday night there's a screening/competition.  They
were assigned "horror".  This is more of a psychological thriller --
no blood and guts, just, uh, shadow puppets.  But whatever.

We had offered our cars, and on Friday night they asked to use my
1970 MGB.  I got up at about 6 on Saturday morning and spent 3 hours
washing and waxing the car, then drove 100+ miles to the shoot
location.  In retrospect, I should have spent some time on adjusting
the valves, because the car sounds pretty clatter-y.

Anyway, here's the resulting movie, posted by the director:
http://www.vimeo.com/6145888

I think the car looks good, anyway.  Oh, and as the car drives away
from the camera, they cut just before the actress driving the car
tries to shift into reverse.  Two or three times.

Matt