[Mgs] U.S. Spec MGB GT V8

don don at napanet.net
Fri Aug 14 16:03:55 MDT 2009

Hi Larry,
A B GT V8 would be my dream car- especially if it's all factory correct.  I
saw one at the Bromley Pageant of Motoring in the UK several years ago and
have seen them in books and magazines.  Also, there was a guy in these
parts (Sacramento I think) who has a condition 1 restored factory B GT V8
at the Dixon British car show, but he didin't convert it to LHD, which I
think was not wise if he has any plans to drive it here in the US (unless
he is a postal deliveryman).
I had a TR8, and now that I don't, I realize I should have kept it as the
aluminum 215 makes a small car into a rocket.  TR8s are quite pleasant to
drive, even though the styling is a bit strange.
Are there any cars for sale at John's shop?  I would like to find a nice
old steel dash MGB roadster.
Don Scott
2001 Miata SE BRG (thinks it's an MG)
1973 MGB GT (for sale)