[Mgs] Sluggish clutch

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 8 19:18:43 MDT 2009

Hello Friends,

I'm working on a British sports car that uses a hydraulic clutch control and I have a problem.  The clutch will disengage just fine but it engages really slowly.  Before I take the hydraulic plumbing apart (again) I like to ask if you have experienced this problem.

The problem is that I don't know if the clutch throw-out bearing arm's pivots are bound up or if the hydraulic fluid is slow to return from the slave cylinder keeping the arm from engaging.  I can rather easily disconnect the slave cylinder from the arm and test but I'd like to hear if you have had or have ever heard of the hydraulic fluid not returning to the reservoir when the pedal is released.  Can you help?

rick
'62 TR3b