[Mgs] heritage Vrs. "budget" floor pans

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Sun Aug 2 17:39:00 MDT 2009

The ones I bought several years ago did not have the captive nuts
installed. Where the front holes are placed, I had the body shop weld a
square piece of thick metal. This part normally sits over a support beam
so this prevented me from having to use long bolts. Instead, I was able
to tap the proper threads for the front ones. In short, it required a
bit more work including locating the holes, but I had the original
rubber mats which helped.

Still I would think that the budget floors are the same at most if not
all suppliers. Maybe they are putting in captive nuts now but worth
checking when you make the purchase. I would never buy from VB again
after a very bad experience with them. Otherwise, I am not sure where I
got my pans from. It would have been during a sale most likely, probably
from TRF since I remember getting a lot of my body parts from them
during the restoration of my 72B.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B