[Mgs] [MG-MGB] Re: Fuel Pump

Matt Trebelhorn matt.lists at trebelhorn.com
Mon Apr 27 10:23:33 MDT 2009

I've been using a generic square solid-state pump for... wow, 18+
years (!?!) on my MGB.  Used it with SUs, used it with a Weber, used
it for well over 150,000 miles.  Still going.

As has been pointed out, there are various versions, which supply
varying levels of fuel pressure  -- we want the lowest; usually
marked as (I think) 2-4 psi.

Mine only makes noise when it's empty.  Turn the ignition on, wait
for the pump to quiet down (indicating the carb is primed), hit the
starter.  There are rubber mounts available as well, to quiet it down
further.

Matt