[Mgs] Generator front bearing.

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:25:46 MDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Pete Chast <pchast at francomm.com> wrote:
> Simon.
>
> whatever you might have done wrong is immaterial its now time to replace the
> bearing.

It's not immaterial, since I want to avoid making the same mistake again.

> Common mistakes include not being clean enough and not supporting the race
> that's being
> pressed on a shaft. Double check and clean everything including th etools
> being used to
> press on the new bearing.

My method to put the front plate and bearing onto the shaft was to
find a socket that fitted over the shaft and pressed on the bearing,
and beat that with a large hammer. Since that did not work -- what is
the correct procedure?

Simon