[Mgs] BRISBANE MARINA BRITISH CAR DAY - Sept. 13, 2009

rfeibusch1 at earthlink.net rfeibusch1 at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 8 17:28:37 MDT 2009

32nd year in the San Francisco Bay Area.....

    THE BRISBANE MARINA BRITISH CAR DAY
    SUNDAY ONLY b" SEPTEMBER 13th, 2009

And now for something completely different.....

Join your British car friends, once again, for a smashing day at the Brisbane
Marina. Over 200 quirky, classic, and lovable British cars will once again
gather in the Bay Area for our 32st Annual British Car Meet.  We have been
doing this on the same weekend for over 30 years and just because the times,
they are a-changin,b webll be changinb with the times.

After careful consideration of the present economy, fading sponsorship, and
smaller attendance, combined with the decentralization of the hobby in general
and a number of new competing Northern California events, we have decided to
try something that is quite like the first British Car Meet in Palo Alto in
1978.   A one day FREE event .......... Thatbs right, FREE.

b" Sunday b" Parking Lot Show & Tell:

This will be a simple, no-fees, no-frills, no-awards gathering of British and
Arcane car enthusiasts.  We have made arrangements with the good folks at the
Sierra Point Yacht Club to set up in the parking lots around the club.  As
last year, The Yacht Club will be offering an optional Sunday brunch and
coffee.  It all starts Sunday morning at 8:30AM.

b" Sunday b" Bay To Breakers Tour To Cameronbs Pub:

These tours take you over some of the most beautiful roads in Northern
California.  There will be two optional routes; one direct yet still quite
scenic, and another with a backroad component.  We will be starting tour cars
from a staging area by the entrance.  Cars will leave in small groups between
about 8:30 and 10:00AM - The shorter route should take less than an hour and
the backroads route will take a bit more than an hour...  Cars should start
gathering at Cameron's at about 10:00AM, a combination of early tour drivers
and people who live near the coast.

Directions To The Brisbane Marina:

The Brisbane Marina is located on Sierra Point, just east of the Bayshore
Freeway (101) in Brisbane,  between San Francisco and the SF Airport/Highway
380. Just take the Brisbane/Sierra Point Exit and follow the signs to the
Marina.

Cameron's Pub is located at 1410 S. Cabrillo Hwy in Half Moon Bay. It is just
south of downtown on the west side of the coast highway.

Information: 310-392-6605  b" e-mail:  <britishcarnetwork at gmail.com>
Website: www.allcarcentral.com/thebritishcarnetwork.html