[Mgs] anyone restoring a MKIII Sprite MKII Midget?

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Thu Apr 2 06:21:43 MST 2009

I am in the process of culling the herd.

I have a MKIII Sprite project that I've had for many years. Rocky. A
gorgeous new interior had been installed, but  a now defunct raccoon
destroyed it.

All the body work was completed in metal, and the paint work (red) on it is
exceptional.

It has a new wiring harness installed. The suspension is detailed, and the
chassis is a roller. There is no interior. The original 1098 engine is
available, but certainly needs a rebuild.

I am not sure I can provide a title for this.

If someone is restoring a MKII Midget/MKIII Sprite, rather than go through
all the effort and expense of metal, body and paint work, this might be an
attractive alternative for you. Or, if you'd like to go racing, this would
be a great start.

Pictures are available, probably by the weekend, as the car is currently in
the trailer.

The car is located in central Wisconsin.

$2500

(for another $200, you can also have a Sprite-worthy trailer with it.)

WST