[Mgs] Radiator Pressure Testing

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 04:18:02 MST 2008

What is the pressure of your cap?  You need to go *at least* to that, and
really a bit over.  MGBs of that era were 10psi, but subsequently raised to 13
then 15psi with the same heater core so on an MGB at least you should be able
to pressure test to at least 15psi safely.  I did run my V8 (standard heater
core) with 20psi for a while and it did get up to that pressure without doing
any damage.  70psi is a different matter, though :o)

  Question: What pressure can I safely apply for radiator testing?
  I have compressed air @ 6 bar (~70 psi) at my disposal
  but I'm afraid that that will blow the radiator apart.