[Mgs] (no subject)

Mike Duvall duvallcom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 20 13:25:22 MDT 2008

Actually Max,  you can invest in "Sierra Club Investments"  that let
you invest your money in environmentally friendly projects.  For
every carbon dollar you spend, you can invest a dollar in carbon
credits towards such projects.  General Electric is investing heavily
in these "green" technologies.  They make about 10%

Exxon paid 65 billion in taxes from 2003 to 2007 and made 19 billlion
in profits.  While they are a big company, their profits on
investment is about 10%.  This is far less than say Microsoft who
runs about a 20% profit or Google which had a 23% profit,   beverages
and tobacco along with pharmaceuticals are almost 20% in profits.
Electronics giant LG had profits up by 505% in 2007.

It is pretty easy to attack politicians and big business but lets get
the facts straight.

By the way,  the people who generally own all these companies are
retirement funds or the super rich like Warren Buffet who increased
his money by 29% last year.

Message: 9