[Mgs] rear end clunk

Bernd 1971mgb at cox.net
Thu Oct 2 21:15:39 MDT 2008

thank's to all who replied to my request of how to repair my rear end clunk in the 71 "B". The good news is that there is no bad news and the information I received from this list was invaluable in helping me with this repair, a friend and I finished the job this afternoon.
We had some difficulty in getting the axle shaft out but perseverance and the impact hammer persuaded the axle shaft to come out. We also found that the fibre washers had disintegrated over the years. After reassembly I drove the car around the neighborhood and was pleased with the results.
Again thanks to all of you on the list who contributed to my successful completion of fixing the clunk in the rear end.
B.
71 MGB