[Mgs] Engine Replacement

oliver sumton at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 30 17:19:16 MDT 2008

its a good time to replace the clutch, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing.

Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase at yahoo.com> wrote:  Ok, I am going to plan B with my engine work that has been going on for
9 months or so..... ;-) I've located a good used engine from a '75 B
and am going to purchase it. My questions are -

1) Engine mounts - what parts do I need to replace? Just the rubber pieces, or the entire thing?

2)
Anything that needs to be replaced in terms of clutch parts? The clutch
and transmission were working fine. I plan to degrease
the outside of the transmission. And engine oil in the transmission, right?
Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - Engine Surgery In Progress...
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
NAMGBR #5-2328