[Mgs] (no subject)

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Fri May 16 12:10:19 MDT 2008

Martin: Finding a manual transmission and the rest of the bits necessary
to do the conversion is going to be the hard part. Many owners have
traded out from auto to manual, making availability pretty poor.

The transmission is a Borg Warner type 35 and parts availability should
be pretty good. It may be possible to upgrade to the later type 65, but
I've not heard of anyone actually doing it.

I've got a friend who is an auto box expert working on fitting a modern
four speed auto box in place of a type 35 on a Rover P6B, but I'm not
holding my breath for an easy swap.

MGC specific parts are a bit tricky to find compared to the ease of
getting MGB stuff. In the US the main problem is with the dual servo
brake system. UK cars don't have this problem. King pin kits were tough
to get for a while, but it looks like they are back again. The cars are
getting a following finally, so parts availability is getting better.

Kelvin
1969 MGC GT