[Mgs] (no subject)

Charles Hill chillmog at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 16 06:49:16 MDT 2008

Hi Martin,
Please note that the following is strictly my opinion:
Yes, you may swap the automatic for a manual.  But considering all
effort and expense involved, you might want to consider putting all that
in to repairing the automatic.   I have no experience with an MGC but I
remember swapping automatics for manuals in american cars - '55 Chevys
for example.  That was quite a popular swap.  Even with lots of donor
cars in the junk yards, it was not a project to be taken lightly.  A lot
of linkages had to be swapped and adjusted.  It might be worth
considering a permanent swap to a later model automatic transmission.
I'm sure there must be something that would be adaptable.

Charles Hill