[Mgs] Positive ground = more rust?

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 22:40:47 MDT 2008

--- Barney Gaylord <barneymg at mgaguru.com> wrote:

>   ...If you think one
> corrodes more than the other, then you get to choose which you want
>  to corrode more and which less.  I don''t have any corrosion
> problem with any of them.

That reflects my experience.  It would be interesting to know what
the
"official" reason was for automotive manufacturers to standardize on
negative ground.  When I asked my father (who was pretty skookum on
electrical issues) what the reason was, in the 1970s, he said it had
something to do with corrosion, but the actual science of it was
always unclear. Hhhhmmmmmmm......

Maybe this is a job for Art Bell.

David Breneman         david_breneman at yahoo.com