[Mgs] Chinese company to restart MG TF production - AutoWeekMagazine

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat May 10 08:36:17 MDT 2008

One of many dates announced, none have been met so far, although this one is
closer so hopefully more chance of achieving it.  Last I heard the firm
contracted to do body welding had pulled out as the volumes weren't enough
to justify their investment, projected numbers (of cars and future
employees) and been reduced a number of times.  I hope they are more
'modern' than the Roewe ones shown accompanying the news item, they looked
almost exactly the same as the MG Rover models when they went bust.