[Mgs] Post Crunch Pleasure

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Fri May 9 07:26:27 MDT 2008

On 09/05/2008, at 10:21 PM, Carl French wrote:

> That is a beautiful color for the car.
> Carl
>
> FWIW, My GT got hit going to work two winters ago and it turned out
> to be one of the good things to happen to the car (profitable
> settlement). I am trying to find another 16 year old on her cell
> phone to help me get a new paint job as well :-)

Now that all is said and done and I have my car back looking so nice
I can admit a couple of things.

1. I was looking forward to a new tail light lens on the left hand
side to match the right one that was replaced in the last crunch.

2. I got myself a shiny new bumper  :-)  It looks and feels like a
quality item - it was sourced by my MG mechanic.  Lovely.

3. I got rid of a really, really annoying little "dimple" in the
middle of my bootlid that came from slamming it down on something
packed a little high (no-one could notice that little bump until I
pointed it out to them but it would attract my attention every
time... so annoying).  That was the first thing I really noticed when
I first walked into the shop... no bloody little bump in the
bootlid... yay!

I guess it is only right that you get some little bonus for putting
up with the inconvenience and pain of someone else's stupidity!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia