[Mgs] Take along tools

mark.jones at exxonmobil.com mark.jones at exxonmobil.com
Thu May 8 12:39:11 MDT 2008

When take the GT on a road trip I take along:
- CAA
- cell phone
- NAMGBR mutual aid directory
- a selection of combination wrenches
- sockets w/extension, including a sparkplug socket
- posidriv and flat blade screwdrivers
- pliers/wire cutter
- pocket knife
- electrical tape
- length of wire
- zip ties (handful)
- baling wire (couple feet)
- points & condenser
- points file
- rotor & cap
- water hoses
- spare fuel pump
- Haynes manual
- coveralls
- handwipes

Last year on my way back from New Brunswick, the engine quit just east of
Quebec City.  It took about 10 minutes to find that one of the wires going
to coil had broke off at the spade connector.  I fixed it by cutting off
one of the leads to my driving lights, which used spade connectors, bared
the two pieces of wire, twisted them together and wrapped them with
electrical tape, and on I went.  That, stuck points in the fuel pump, and a
sinking float, has been the extent of my road trip breakdowns over the
years.

When I had the sinking float I was in the middle of nowhere Vermont and the
NAMGBR mutual aid directory, CAA, and the cell phone came in VERY handy.
The NAMGBR mutual aid directory is worth the price of admission.

Mark
73 MGBGT

From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd at insightbb.com>
Subject: [Mgs] Take along tools

Anyone have a good list of take along tools/parts for the MGB. I'm going to
take some trips this summer.

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)