[Mgs] Kumho tires

Stuart MacMillan macgroup at comcast.net
Mon May 5 12:18:52 MDT 2008

It's a myth. ;-)  Problem is the nipples rust in place, both onto the spoke
and the rim.  You can replace spokes & nipples if the wheels are decent, but
that is also expensive. I bit the bullet and replaced mine with chrome wires
after about 43 years!  Actually, the rims and hubs are chrome, the spokes
stainless steel.  So maybe these can be tuned if needed in a few years.

Stuart

  _____