[Mgs] gas cap

Chad Cooper mgb72 at airmail.net
Mon May 5 08:56:56 MDT 2008

I was able to use one of the standard locking caps that are or were on the
shelf at the chain parts stores.  I took a flat file and filed out two
grooves in the inside of the filler neck to accommodate the ridges that were
on the one I bought.  I just made sure the diameter of the main body fit
inside the neck snugly so the locking tabs could engage.  I believe the cap
was made by Standt, no marking on it anymore because I used lacquer thinner
to get it off so it would be plain silver/chrome.

Cheap solution