[Mgs] Another cup holder

Councill, David dcouncill at msubillings.edu
Fri May 2 08:14:32 MDT 2008

Maybe the German engineering is responsible for the LR cup holder
fiasco. One of my tougher LR problems was the occasional appearance of
the SRS idiot light on the dash. I had no idea what this meant but a
search on the Internet revealed that this was a common BMW problem
related to the airbag! In the end and through a tip on a LR discussion
group, I found a loose wiring connection under the driver's seat related
to the seat belt warning system which apparently is part of this SRS
system. That was good because otherwise the problem could have been in
the airbag system embedded in the steering column.

One thing I like on the Land Rover is the good British engineering that
allows me to do my own repairs (so far). It replaced a Ford Explorer
that was fairly reliable but with the exception of replacing the shocks,
I had to have most of the work done by a professional shop.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B
74 Toyota Landcruiser