[Mgs] Cup Holder?

Brad Wilson trijagparts at mindspring.com
Thu May 1 19:39:15 MDT 2008

At 11:27 PM 30/04/2008, you wrote:
>What is it with all you Yanks?  Why don't you simply drink your dam coffee
>in the kitchen or cafi?  I can never understand why one race of people
>decided to turn a machine designed to transport people into some kind of
>mobile Starbucks.......... :-)
>
>Murray Arundell
>Brisbane Australia

As a Canadian living in the US, I am going to have to break ranks
with my commonwealth companions and side with the Yanks on this
one.  American driving conditions & distances make cup holders a
valuable accessory, not unlike automatic gearboxes for that
matter.  I leave for work at 6am for an hour long motorway commute
and greatly appreciate the cup holder in my XJ6.

On a recent drive from Nantes to Bordeaux and back, my only criticism
of the Citroen rental car was that the cup holders were a joke!  They
could not support a bottle of water under even the most gentle of
braking, forcing me to recap it each time, or place it between my
knees, hardly conducive to safe driving.

Brad