[Mgs] stuck engine

Stuart MacMillan macgroup at comcast.net
Tue Jun 24 12:26:00 MDT 2008

Craig,

Usually it's corrosion of the aluminum pistons. It swells up between the
piston and cylinder wall.  I've had luck just pouring a few ounces of
penetrating oil into each cylinder and leaving it overnight, or longer.  If
this doesn't work, it's time to rebuild (it probably is anyway). You'll have
to beat the pistons out with a big hammer and block of wood, and the engine
block will need to be bored.

Next time you store it for nine months squirt a bunch of WD-40 into the
cylinders, put the plugs back in, and it should survive. Oh yeah, put fresh
oil it to and run it before doing this.  When restarting, remove the plugs
and crank it over until you build some oil pressure, then start it with the
new battery you probably had to buy!

Stuart