[Mgs] [MG-MGB] Victoria British Gift Card charge

RampantNM at aol.com RampantNM at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 11:28:48 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/20/2008 3:50:25 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
leylandauto at yahoo.com writes:

Can anyone explain why when you order a gift certificate for someone YOU  get
charged $8.00 (for a $50.00 card in this case).

Does anyone  else do this?

****Yes, some vendors do this and hide things like the card is only good  for
a few months and loses value after a while***

Their attitude about it was;

"That's our  policy."
"That's the way we have always done it."

****Sounds like VB...I bought an electric  window kit from them and when I
called to tell them it would not work on an  MGB, they said, "but we sell them
for MGBs all the time!****

Can  anyone defend this?
*****Nope*-**

Can anyone give me a reason to shop with them after  this?
****Nope, unless you can't find a part anywhere else and you know in  advance
the part will fit and is of a quality you accept..***

Sorry for venting here.
****No problem.  Sometimes it swings the other way.  I bought  $1800 worth of
gift cards for family members last Christmas from a Mall...good  at any store
in the mall.  When I checked my bank statement, they had  only charged my
debit card $1000.00....yes, I know I am a  bad person,  but I'll try and live
with myself..*****

Carl French

Regards,

Robert B. Houston

74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual  Skinners Union
carburetors in his vintage MG, highly functional yet  pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for  experienced hands,
the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be  inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter seven of the Haynes shop  manual.