[Mgs] Electric MGB

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 17 17:16:38 MDT 2008

Quite a stable. My wife has had a '95 Metro hatchback since '00, and has put
almost 70K miles on it. Good little car. Built no better than it had to be,
but the designers were remarkably perceptive as to where to draw that line.

LBC content: Most LBCs weren't quite as successful pushing that envelope --
they seem to be a combination of certain parts that last forever and are
grossly overbuilt, with others that are a constant source of problems.
Probably stemming from having to pull so many parts out of the BMC "grab
bag", which were not necessarily optimized to the particular application.

BTW, a local news article recently stated that used economy hatchbacks were
suddenly a hot item, and were climbing in value on the used car market.
Uh-huh.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149