[Mgs] Oil for Flat-Tappet Engines

Charles & Peggy Robinson ccrobins at ktc.com
Sat Jun 14 17:44:20 MDT 2008

   Talking to the engine Guru and proprietor of the local NAPA store the
other day.  Got to talking about oils for our old engines.  I mentioned
that it looked like I had a choice between synthetic or Rotella for my
'69 B.  He showed me some "motorcycle spec" oil for 4-stroke
motorcycles.  Can't remember the brand but it's a racing oil that he
says has the % of zinc additive we need.  It also comes in 20W-50
multi-vis, which is what the GTX I've always run is.  Kind of expensive
a@ ~$6 a quart but what ain't?

   Any comments?

   CR