[Mgs] MGB rear engine mountin

Ed Woods fogbro1 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 13 11:29:55 MDT 2008

Hello All,

Well, thanks to the folks on this list, the engine and overdrive
transmission are back in my daughter's '72 MGB.  I have secured the front
engine mounts, but have not yet fitted the rear X brace or the two metal
brackets and rear mounts in its center. These two brackets are, of course,
not symmetrical and I'm wondering which way round they should be fit. Rather
than lie under the car, using the trial and error method, I thought I'd put
the question to The List. I'm O.K. with the rear X member, hole toward the
rear, speedo cable securing nut to the right, but how are the two metal
bracket in the center supposed to go?

Thanks,

Ed Woods