[Mgs] Engine installation advice

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 6 02:02:45 MDT 2008

The first and last systems without the interlock only had a passenger seat
switch.  Because the intermediate system had the interlock that prevented
starting under certain conditions it also included a drivers seat switch so
the engine could be started for service and maintenance purposes, without
having to fasten the drivers seat-belt first (although that would hardly have
been arduous).

  As I mentioned, for some strange reason, there was actually a sensor
  under the driver's seat (I think -- I sold the car over a decade ago).
  I can't imagine why such a sensor would be required -- one would think
  that the system would assume that someone was sat in the driver's
  seat.