[Mgs] Oil Pressure question

Hans Duinhoven h.duinhoven at planet.nl
Tue Jul 29 15:18:07 MDT 2008

This is just happening with my BGT after the engine has been fully
overhauled recently!
Up to now the gauge indicated the pressure very well - it indeed pointed me
last autumn for the engine in high need of the overhaul showing very low
pressure.

Apparantly I've to dig into the beloved Lucas wiring.
As I'll collect the GT from my friend's garage after he fixed a sticky valve
in the valve guide next thursday, I certainly have a closer look to this.
One always should go back to the things, which recently were touched i.e. in
my case the engine has been taken from the engine bay, so were all wire
connections of all things connected to the engine.

Changing gears was not needed for my GT to have the gauge to go up to high
pressure indications again.
Just changing to hugher or lower revs would do the trick. All contacts will
be checked and I'll keep you posted.
Constant speeds at some 60 mph sets my GT's gauge to a very low indication.

I'll follow the replies to this topic with high interest!

Cheers,

Hans