[Mgs] Oil Pressure question

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 00:15:26 MDT 2008

I would be willing to bet that the trailer problem was not with a
bulb, but instead a bad earth. Bad earths can cause all kinds of
strange behaviour in lighting systems -- what may happen is that there
is a current path through the indicator bulb, to ground and (since
ground is not connected to the vehicle ground) from ground  in the
reverse direction through the brake light circuit (or through whatever
actuates the trailer brakes).

Regards,
Simon