[Mgs] Facebar Replacment

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 02:33:47 MDT 2008

When I bought mine the supplier allowed me to root through his stock looking
for a good pair - he offered, I didn't ask.  If yours are *originals* and in
good condition i.e. little or no steel corrosion then rechroming will give the
best results but be expensive.  Replacements will be totally dependant on the
quality of the steel and chroming process, unfortunately you can't tell all of
that from the finished product.  I was lucky, mine fitted pretty well, and
after 19 years with some wet runs each year are still good.

  When faced with a similar decision I was told that it was cheaper to buy
the
  new, cheaper bumpers and throw several sets away  before meeting the cost
of
  re chroming.