[Mgs] Reinstall Order?

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 18:30:55 MDT 2008

I'm not sure whether it makes a difference, but I spent some time tonight just trying to plan out the order in which I am
going to hook up everything after reinstalling the engine. I'm thinking -

1) Trans connections - slave cylinder, reverse switch, speedo drive, starter
2) Crossmember & restraint rod
3) Driveshaft
4) Tighten front engine mounts (including removing/replacing steering rack)
5) Shift lever
6) Intake manifold, carb, exhaust system, air cleaner, fan, alternator
7) Remaining underhood connections - hoses, etc.
8) Radiator shroud, radiator
9) Fluid refills - brake, coolant, gearbox top-off, oil top-off, steering rack
10) Bleed brakes
11) Charge battery

This sound about right, for the major items?

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Engine Reinstalled...
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
NAMGBR #5-2328
http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/