[Mgs] 90w in Transmission?

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Mon Jul 21 11:01:42 MDT 2008

Dan:

If I had done this to my own transmission, I would just leave the 90W in
it.

I'm doubting that you plan on driving the car during the winter, so
unless you find the shifting is really stiff I would not worry about it.

The 90W is not going to hurt the transmission at all. In really cold
weather, you may find that shifting is slightly stiffer but 90W gear oil
is not that much different in viscosity from 30W engine oil.

At the price per barrel of oil the US is paying, I'd suggest it's your
duty as a good citizen to leave it alone.  : )

Kelvin.