[Mgs] Selling an MGB

saidel at camden.rutgers.edu saidel at camden.rutgers.edu
Sun Jul 20 13:41:50 MDT 2008

Hi Guys,

    My MGB experience is taking a '76 from here to there in the last
8-9 years.  I really like the car style and have done a bunch to it to
make it mine, but I was not a teenage car guy and my experience shows.
I haven't been a teen for ~40 years!

    Wanting a chrome bumper MGB, I bought a '74 off  eBay that was
advertised in excellent condition. I saw it and maybe was overwhelmed
by its admittedly lovely body work and paint job. When my pro mechanic
saw it, he told me it wasn't the car advertised (ie, the advertisement
was exaggerated) and I got taken somewhat (live and learn...no aingst
or anything like that).

    Anyway, it does run. It is mostly in decent condition, but someone
who knows could make it into great condition.  I don't have either the
knowledge, the space nor the inclination now (my job is overwhelming).

    So my question to the list:  how much should I price it and where
should I advertise it?  I'm more honest than the previous seller so I
will be (honest) clear indescribing it. What is the going rate for
running, decent but not great '74's. I have lots of pictures if
someone needs them to estimate...I can respond to questions on and off
list. Whatever you need.

Bill Saidel
Bill.Saidel at gmail.com or this address

NJ