[Mgs] Steering column lock

mgbnutt at aol.com mgbnutt at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 13:10:35 MDT 2008

Help!? My ignition key is stuck and I am at a loss as to?how proceed.?Should I force it?? Do I need to take the lock apart?? I assume some piece of 30+ year old zinc has corroded to dust and now the key is stuck in the "ON" position.? At least the column?is unlocked and I can start the car, but I won't be able to turn it off and get the key out.

I seem to remember reading something in more than one book about not lubricating the ignition lock...is that true, or can I squirt some WD40 in there?

Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks,
donny v
'78 MGB