[Mgs] Locking gas cap for 79 MGB

Howard Battan battanhr at comcast.net
Sat Jul 12 21:39:37 MDT 2008

I've been looking for a locking gas cap for my '79 B, with no luck online or
at the local parts houses. Today I was on a tour with other MGBs, and two of
them had locking gas caps, but neither of the owners knew where to get them.
One was ordered from the UK, and I found some on UK sites, but they say they
are not for US or Canada use. Is that because they are vented? My B has been
desmogged, so I don't know if those caps would work or not.

So, does anybody know of a source for a locking gas cap for a desmogged late
model B?

TIA

Howard Battan
54 TF