[Mgs] Unsteady timing

Ron Fine RonFineEsq at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 7 12:07:34 MDT 2008

Paul,  The timing chain and gears are new as well as the timing chain
tensioner.  I tried turning the rotor anti-clockwise.  There is a small
degree of slop before the spring pressure is felt and when  the rotor is
released it does not return completely to the clockwise stop.  The rotor
will move a few degrees counter-clockwise before the spring pressure is
felt.  There is no sideways movement.   Does that sound correct or is there
too much play in the rotation?

Ron Fine