[Mgs] Pertronix and overheating in MGA

Bob Donahue bobmgtd at comcast.net
Sat Jul 5 14:01:13 MDT 2008

My understanding is that there is no longer any dwell adjustment after the
Pertronix is installed. Timing is the only thing you have to worry about,
and once set it shouldn't change. I've been using the Pertronix in both my
TD and MGB for many years now. The only problem I've had is, I didn't leave
enough slack in the Pertronix wires inside the B's distributor. The leads
rubbed against the rotor and wore through. (I was able to fix this by
splicing.) This could also happen by pulling on the wires coming from the
distributor.

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd at comcast.net
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639