[Mgs] Savvy Shopping: Park assist, pick-ups and MGs

Eric Erickson eric at erickson.on.net
Fri Jul 4 01:52:41 MDT 2008

Paul Hunt wrote:
> Ironically parallel parking has become part of the UK driving test in recent
> years.

It has ALWAYS been a part of the Australian driving test (and one that
catches lots of kids out).

My instructor knew where the tester was going to make me parallel park
and taught me to glance out at the reflection in the big shop window
opposite to see how far I was from the other cars :-)

Surely you do "hill starts" (hand brake starts) in your tests as well?

Eric