[Mgs] MG practicality

The Roxter rocknatural at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:51:10 MDT 2008

Bob Howard wrote:
>    I' am curious about the AC, though not needing or wanting one for my
> cars in New England.
>    How much power does it take to run the thing?  How well does it cool
> and lower humidity?
>    20 years ago I was beside a rubber-bumper Midget at a stoplight in
> Sarasota FL.  It had an AC that must have been making great amounts of
> cold, as there was condensation all over the top, windshield and door
> windows; the condensation was on the outside surface. One wonders how
> much power was available at the rear wheels.
I don't have any answers, but this discussion did bring up this comment from me to the group: I have an MGB with A/C stored in the local salvage yard. The front end got crushed in a wreck, but the engine and drive train are pretty well intact. Somebody cut the hoses before I acquired it, and I don't know what effect that might have on the possibility of making it work again. I doubt that I will ever try to do it myself, but I'm willing to sell it as is or break it down.

-The Roxter