[Mgs] Overdrive Noise/Shifting Problem

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 30 13:09:04 MST 2008

My understanding is that it is a one-way clutch. Which is why reversing it
is a problem.

I can also see that the wiper stalk OD switch was a really bad idea. Way too
easy to engage it by accident, and not even realize it (since nothing would
happen if you were in, say, 2nd gear).

I installed a dash switch with an idiot light that indicates that the switch
is on, whether or not the OD is actually engaged. This reminds me to turn
the switch off after downshifting, pulling off the freeway, etc.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

on 1/30/08 11:23 AM, mark.jones at exxonmobil.com at mark.jones at exxonmobil.com