[Mgs] Overdrive Noise/Shifting Problem

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Tue Jan 29 12:43:05 MST 2008

Mark:

It is easy to check the reverse lock out switch. With the ignition on,
actuate the OD switch.

Check for power at the OD solenoid lead under the transmission. Have
someone put the gearshift in reverse and make sure that there is no
power to the solenoid when the shif lever is wobbled around in the
reverse detent.

While you are there, check the 3-4 lockout switch too.

It would be a good idea to pull the coil feed wire, just to make sure
there is no way the motor can start while you are under the car
checking.

Unfortunately this problem sounds more like a slipping planetary clutch
though.

Kelvin Dodd