[Mgs] Brake lights kaput ....again

Bob Howard mgbob at juno.com
Mon Jan 21 07:24:19 MST 2008

  Max,
     TDs use a similar switch.  It's generally thought that replacement
switches these days are not as robust as the original switches. Perhaps
they are--perhaps they are not, but as many owners have installed halogen
bulbs, the load on the switches has increased.  In an effort to extend
the life of the switches, many have installed a relay.   In TDs, it's
easy and inconspicuous, and it wouldn't be difficult in the early MGB.
Bob