[Mgs] My bad (was: Re: Overdrive Numbers)

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Wed Jan 16 15:05:36 MST 2008

Ahhhh!   Now we are back to nice chats to each other!  On Sunday
there was no salt (washed away by recent rain), no snow (it hit 10
degrees C - a record), and no wet (all had dried up).  So I fired up
the MGB GT V8 and rocketed off for a spin.   I belted down the local
"fast lonely" road and luckily had slowed down to 80kph just before
spotting a police cruiser poking out of a side road.   What a
blast!  Only a clunk from hitting (slowly) a sleeping policeman (not
in the cruiser) spoiled it just a little (exhaust being replaced by
"cobra" pipes giving extra 1.5" clearance).  Now wasn't that a nice
short story?