[Mgs] Overdrive Numbers

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 02:12:43 MST 2008

For the same timing setting on our cars there is indeed no benefit to be
gained by using a higher octane fuel.  But if you *do* use a higher octane,
you can advance the timing and that *does* give you the benefit of more
performance and better economy.  Many modern high-performance cars use
knock-sensing to continually fine-tune the timing and they also get better
performance out of higher octane fuels, but automatically.  Others running
on fixed maps will not get any benefit.